Movies in the Park this week presents The Mask of Zorro on a 3-story film screen. The PG-13 film was originally released in 1998 and runs for 136 minutes. Downtown Grand Rapids Inc. will show the movie with English subtitles for people with hearing impairments. The event is free and open to the public.
Friday July 22, 2016. See DGRI's Facebook event page for the detailed schedule of activities. All activities weather dependent.
7 PM - Free movie-themed activities begin. Highlights include:
- Live DJ.
- Live Argentine tango performance. Free dance lessons too.
- Simulated horse roping.
- Make your own mask with the Grand Rapids Children's Museum and Disability Advocates.
- Professional face painting.
- Chance to win a Big Ticket instant giveaway from the Michigan Lottery, a $50 gift card to the Downtown Market Grand Rapids and other prizes.
- 10 food vendors organized by the Grand Rapids Food Truck Association.
Dusk - The Mask of Zorro begins.
Ah-Nab-Awen Park, on the west bank of the Grand River, adjacent to Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum in Downtown Grand Rapids.
If you choose to drive, plan ahead for parking to avoid wasting time looking for a space.
If you choose to bike, the Greater Grand Rapids Bicycle Coalition manages free parking in the park.
Movie Night Tips
To help movie goers enjoy the night out under the stars, here are a few quick tips:
- The park fills up fast, so get there early for the best spots.
- Costumes are encouraged.
- Nothing beats an ice cold one on a warm summer night. If you’d like to partake, be sure to bring your own drinks and picture ID.
- While packing up, you might as well make it a picnic in the park. If you choose not to bring food, vendors will have snacks for purchase.
- You’ll be outside for a few hours, so get comfy. We suggest bringing a blanket or chairs to sit on. Blankets up front. Chairs in the back.
- Those under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- You may love your ringtone, but that doesn’t mean everyone else does. Please silence your phones.
- If you need to talk during the movie, please keep your voices low.
- In the event of rain, we’ll have to cancel the show. Follow Downtown Grand Rapids Inc. on Facebook to stay up-to-date.
Red Carpet Sponsor
- Friends of Grand Rapids Parks
- Fan'C Face
- Grand Rapids Community Media Center
- Wealthy Street Theatre
- The City of Grand Rapids
- Coalition for Tobacco Free Park
- Downtown Market Grand Rapids
- Grand Rapids Food Truck Association
- Grand Rapids Urban League
- Greater Grand Rapids Bicycle Coalition
- The High Five Program
- Kent County Health Connect