Movies in the Park this week presents a Jumanji/Ferris Bueller's Day Off double feature on a 3-story film screen. Jumanji, rated PG, will play first and runs 104 minutes. Ferris Bueller's Day Off, rated PG-13, will start immediately after and run 103 minutes. Downtown Grand Rapids Inc. will show both movies with English subtitles for people with hearing impairments. The event is free and open to the public.
Friday August 18, 2016. See DGRI's Facebook event page for the detailed schedule of activities. All activities weather dependent.
7 PM - Free movie-themed activities begin. Highlights include:
- DJ and Emcee Adrian Butler will be spinning on deck
- Live performance by Kevin Collins and the Kuungana Drum and Dance Group from 7:30-9:00pm
- Professional face painting.
- Jungle-themed tatooing (temporary)
- Chance to win a Big Ticket instant giveaway from the Michigan Lottery, a $50 gift card to the Downtown Market Grand Rapids and other prizes.
- 10 food vendors organized by the Grand Rapids Food Truck Association.
Dusk - Jumanji begins, followed by Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
Ah-Nab-Awen Park, on the west bank of the Grand River, adjacent to Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum in Downtown Grand Rapids.
If you choose to drive, plan ahead for parking to avoid wasting time looking for a space.
If you choose to bike, the Greater Grand Rapids Bicycle Coalition manages free parking in the park.
Movie Night Tips
To help movie goers enjoy the night out under the stars, here are a few quick tips:
- The park fills up fast, so get there early for the best spots.
- Costumes are encouraged.
- Nothing beats an ice cold one on a warm summer night. If you’d like to partake, be sure to bring your own drinks and picture ID.
- While packing up, you might as well make it a picnic in the park. If you choose not to bring food, vendors will have snacks for purchase.
- You’ll be outside for a few hours, so get comfy. We suggest bringing a blanket or chairs to sit on. Blankets up front. Chairs in the back.
- Those under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- You may love your ringtone, but that doesn’t mean everyone else does. Please silence your phones.
- If you need to talk during the movie, please keep your voices low.
- In the event of rain, we’ll have to cancel the show. Follow Downtown Grand Rapids Inc. on Facebook to stay up-to-date.