DGRI Seeks Dynamic Project Manager
DGRI seeks a Project Manager to support the implementation of the GR Forward plan and the urban planning efforts of the City of Grand Rapids. In this role, the Project Manager will have a direct positive influence on neighborhood revitalization, urban design and transportation planning in our city.
Click here and scroll down to the bottom of the page for a link to the application. Please, no calls or emails.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
Ideal candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree and at least four (4) years of experience in urban planning, civil engineering, public administration, public policy, project management, landscape architecture, or related field.
The Project Manager will:
- Use their knowledge of and experience with tax increment finance tools, state grants, and associated programs to contribute to the continued revitalization of Downtown Grand Rapids.
- Foster relationships, build trust and collaborate with community members, public agencies and private organizations to catalyze development and investment in Downtown Grand Rapids. Work in partnership with the development community and the public regarding current and proposed private and public planning, infrastructure, parks and open space development.
- Showcase their understanding of the art and science of civic engagement, city building, economic development, urban revitalization, parks and public spaces, transportation and DGRI’s mission and values.
- Utilize sound project management skills including accuracy, budgeting, multi-tasking, follow up, attention to detail, and a focus on key deliverables to effectively plan and manage projects and programs of DGRI. Effectively communicate with all key stakeholders regarding the project schedules, milestones, progression towards goals, budget, and other opportunities.
- Manage contingencies, change and the pace of project execution effectively by being resourceful and adaptable.
- Use public presentation abilities, public speaking experience and technology skills to create and deliver engaging presentations to the DGRI board of directors, external commissions and community organizations. Regular attendance at evening meetings is expected.
Here’s what we offer the right candidate:
- An opportunity to develop things that matter in our city! You’ll have exposure to exciting events, projects and developments.
- A fun and flexible culture. Our diverse team works hard and has a good time doing it.
- Competitive hourly wage
- Medical & dental Insurance
- Life insurance
- Short & long term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Gym membership discounts and other wellness initiatives
- Paid Time Off
- Opportunities to grow and develop your career
If this sounds like the perfect fit for you, we encourage you to apply online today for immediate consideration.