Movies in the Park 2017, presented by Downtown Grand Rapids Inc. features Zootopia and Star Trek on a giant LED video wall.
Zootopia (PG) was originally released in 2016 and runs for 110 minutes. The film will be shown in English with Spanish subtitles.
Star Trek (PG-13) was originally released in 2009 and runs for 127 minutes. The film will be shown in English with Spanish subtitles.
The event is free and open to the public.
Friday, July 28, 2017. Follow Downtown Grand Rapids Inc. on Facebook for detailed schedule of activities and event updates.
6PM - Free movie-themed activities begin. Highlights include:
- DJ Adrian Butler and Host Gabriella de la Vega of El Mundo Musical
- Free games and activities with opportunities to win animal-themed prizes
- Police car photo booth
- Complete an intercept survey at the event for a chance to win a gift card to Downtown Market Grand Rapids
- John Ball Zoo travels to Ah-Nab-Awen Park for pre-movie fun
- Stop by the Linc Up table for animal-themed games
- The Grand Rapids Police Department brings the Explorer Program to #mitp with opportunities to explore cruisers, Segways and more
- Be sure to look out for Officer Judy Hopps bouncing through the park
- Make your own Spock hand out of wax
- Take a photo with Spock
- Stop by the Celebration! Cinema tent for face painting and more movie-themed activities
7PM - Zootopia begins.
9:30PM - Star Trek begins.
Ah-Nab-Awen Park, on the west bank of the Grand River, adjacent to Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum in Downtown Grand Rapids.
If you choose to drive, plan ahead for parking to avoid wasting time looking for a space.
Bike parking made available in the park if you choose to bike.
Movie Night Tips
To help movie goers enjoy the night out under the stars, here are a few quick tips:
- The park fills up fast, so get there early for the best spots.
- Nothing beats an ice cold one on a warm summer night. If you'd like to partake, be sure to bring your own drinks and picture ID.
- While packing up, you might as well make it a picnic in the park. If you choose not to bring food, vendors will have snacks for purchase.
- You'll be outside for a few hours, so get comfy. We suggest bringing a blanket or chairs to sit on.
- Those under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- You may love your ringtone, but that doesn't mean everyone else does. Please silence your phones.
- If you need to talk during the movie, please keep your voices low.
- In the event of rain, we'll have to cancel the show. Follow Downtown Grand Rapids Inc. on Facebook to stay up-to-date.