Downtown Grand Rapids Inc. (DGRI) seeks a Graphic Designer to support the city building effort in planning and designing promotional materials. In this role, the Graphic Designer will work collaboratively with the organizational staff and various community partners to support the GAtR Forwardplan.
Click here and scroll down tot he bottom of the page for a link to the application. Please, no calls or emails.
What you'll need to succeed:
Ideal candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree and at least three (3) years of experience in Graphic Design, Illustration or related field.
- High level of expertise using Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Adobe Acrobat. Experience using Adobe Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash and AfterEffects.
- Previous web design experience (HTML) is preferred.
- Strong ability to work creatively with data-driven visual content.
- Proven knowledge of graphic design terminology and the ability to translate into understandable language to team and other constituents.
- Previous experience working in a business office or non-profit organization.
- Demonstrated passion for city building and downtown revitalization.
Here's what we're offering the right candidate:
- An opportunity to shed light on things that matter in our city! You'll have exposure to exciting events, projects and developments.
- A fun and flexible culture. Our diverse team works hard and has a good time doing it.
- Competitive hourly wage
- Medical & dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Short & long term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Gym membership discounts and other wellness initiatives
- Paid Time Off
- Opportunities to grow and develop your career
If this sounds like the perfect fit for you, we encourage you to apply online today for immediate consideration.