Downtown Grand Rapids Inc. (DGRI) seeks an Economic Development Manager to manage and facilitate the growth and vitality of the Downtown Grand Rapids economy. In this role, the Economic Development Manager will build relationships and strategic alliances in our vibrant downtown while growing our economic development tools and approaches to support new initiatives.
Click here and scroll to the bottom of the page for a link to the application. Please, no calls or emails.
What you'll need to succeed:
Ideal candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree and at least five (5) years experience in Economics, Public Policy, Research Analysis or related field.
- Strong experience managing Business Improvement Districts
- Professional demeanor coupled with excellent interpersonal skills to perform positive interaction with public, private and non-profit partners.
- Exemplary relationship-building skills to foster trust and collaborate with community members, public agencies and private organizations to catalyze development and investment in Downtown Grand Rapids.
- Highly attentive to detail, work with a strong emphasis on accuracy and quick turn-around and must be flexible and adaptable.
- Demonstrated passion for city development and downtown revitalization
Here's what we're offering the right candidate:
- An opportunity to develop things that matter in our city! You'll have exposure to exciting events, projects and developments and help to re-define our skyline.
- A fun and flexible culture. Our diverse team works hard and has a good time doing it.
- Competitive hourly wage
- Medical & dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Short & long term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Gym membership discounts and other wellness initiatives
- Paid Time Off
- Opportunities to grow and develop your career
If this sounds like the perfect fit for you, we encourage you to apply online today for immediate consideration.