Downtown Grand Rapids Inc. (DGRI) in collaboration with the SMG Venue Management (SMG) and Van Andel Arena (VAA) is seeking proposals to conduct Final Design, Construction Documents, and Bidding Services for the redesign of the Van Andel Arena Plaza at Fulton Street.
This RFP also requests additional services to conduct Preliminary Design and Design Development for the Ionia alley and pedestrian-way along the east side of Van Andel Arena.
Goals for the Plaza Reconstruction Project include:
- To provide enhanced security to the Arena by limiting vehicular access within the plaza space and front of the building.
- To provide "greening of the plaza" through the design and installation of canopy trees and landscape planters.
- To provide more opportunities to linger in the plaza by creating public seating, outdoor care seating, outdoor lighting and new paving.
- To provide enhanced cueing for event patrons that is more predictable, secured and flexible.
- To provide a new snowmelt system to replace existing snowmelt throughout the plaza space as part of the reconstruction effort.
All interested consultants are encouraged to contact DGRI Managing Director of Planning & Design Mark Miller to submit a digital copy of their proposal.