The Downtown Area Shuttle, or DASH, is a system of small buses that link Downtown neighborhoods and destinations.
The Rapid's Silver Line and Route 19 on Michigan Street also complement and connect with DASH routes.
These service are free to ride and provides residents, workers and visitors convenient connections to all parts of the urban core.
For people driving and parking, DASH, the Silver Line and Route 19 enable motorists to park once and travel easily around Downtown.
For people walking, these services offer easy ways to move around a little faster or take a seat en route to your destination.
This map shows how DASH, the Silver Line and Route 19 connect Downtown destinations and places to park.
Operating Hours & Frequency
DASH routes run seven days a week every 8 minutes on the following schedule:
- Monday - Wednesday: 6:30 AM - 10:30 PM
- Thursday - Friday: 6:30 AM - 1:00 AM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM - 1:00 AM
- Sunday: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Route 19 on Michigan Street runs Monday - Friday 5:30 AM to 10:00 PM with 10-15 minute wait times.
The Silver Line runs a loop around Downtown with frequency ranging from 10-30 minutes.
- Monday - Friday: 5:00 AM - 12:00 AM (Service runs every 10 minutes during rush hour and 20-30 minutes mid-day and evenings.)
- Saturday: 6:00 AM - 10:00 PM (Service runs every 30 minutes.)
- Sunday: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM (Service runs every 30 mins.)
DASH Tips to Ride
- No fare required to ride. Service is free to anybody who needs transportation around Downtown.
- If you're a first-time rider, or not sure where you're going, feel free to ask the driver for information.
- Coaches do not stop at every stop automatically. You must signal the driver by pulling the cord above the windows.
- Coaches stop for passengers only at designated stops. Wait in view of the driver.
- Coaches are accessible to wheel chairs.
- Strollers are welcome. Please make sure it’s not blocking the door, aisle, or seating.
- Coaches are air-conditioned.
- Guide dogs and companion animals are allowed on-leash only.