Shape the Downtown experience.
Making Your Event Easier
Downtown Grand Rapids offers numerous venues and tools to help plan and pull off a wide range of events, from wedding receptions to major festivals.
Five Steps to Getting Started
- Google "Tips for Successful Event Planning" and bone up on the basics.
- Determine where you prefer to hold your event. A park, street, pedestrian bridge or some other City property? Or non-City property such as a hotel, convention center, or local university?
- If non-City property, see the sample list of downtown venue options below.
- If City property, contact the Office of Special Events (OSE) at the City of Grand Rapids. The OSE will help identify venue options and available dates. The OSE also assists with event permitting, equipment rental, street closure requests, and other city-related issues.
- Once you have secured a date, a venue, and any necessary permits, your event may be eligible for financial support. Read and complete Downtown Grand Rapids Inc's Event Sponsorship Application in the section below to determine if your event qualifies.
Event Sponsorship Application
The Downtown Grand Rapids Inc. (DGRI) Event Sponsorship Program is designed to encourage events that enhance Downtown's energy, diversity and fun. Download the application below to learn more about the program.
Sampling of Non City-Owned Venues Downtown
- Amway Grand Plaza
- The B.O.B
- Bistro Bella Vita
- Courtyard by Marriot
- City Flats Ballroom
- DeVos Place
- Founders Brewing Co.
- Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum
- Grand Rapids Public Museum
- Grand Valley State University Pew Campus
- Harris Building
- JW Marriot
- McKay Tower
- Mosaic Space
- St. Georges Banquet Center
- Urban Institute for Contemporary Arts
- Western Michigan University - Grand Rapids