Movies in the Park is the premier outdoor film series in Grand Rapids. DGRI and partners present films - free of charge - on a giant screen in Ah-Nab-Awen Park on the banks of the Grand River every other Friday from June thru August. Guests are invited to treat the evening like a picnic and bring your own blanket, chairs, beer, wine and snacks for a special night under the stars. Pre-movie entertainment begins at 7PM. Films start at dusk.
2016 Film Lineup
- Wizard of Oz (June 3)
- Men in Black (June 17)
- A League of Their Own (July 8)
- The Mask of Zorro (July 22)
- Edward Scissorhands (August 5)
- Double Feature: Ferris Bueller’s Day Off & a to-be-determined Voter’s Choice movie (August 19)
Public voting to select the Voter’s Choice film will open June 3, 2016.
Movie Night Tips
Fully enjoy your night out by remembering these quick tips:
- The park fills up fast, so get there early for the best spots.
- If you choose to drive, plan ahead for parking to avoid wasting time looking for a space.
- Free bike parking is available at the park.
- Costumes are encouraged.
- Nothing beats an ice cold one on a warm summer night. If you’d like to partake, be sure to bring your own drinks and picture ID.
- While packing up, you might as well make it a picnic in the park. If you forget food at home, vendors will have snacks for purchase.
- You’ll be outside for a few hours, so get comfy. We suggest bringing a blanket or chairs to sit on. Blankets up front. Chairs in the back.
- Those under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- You may love your ringtone, but that doesn’t mean everyone else does. Please silence your phones.
- If you need to talk during the movie, please keep your voices low.
- In the event of rain, we’ll have to cancel the show. Follow Downtown Grand Rapids Inc. on Facebook to stay up-to-date.
Red Carpet Sponsor
- Artists Creating Together
- The City of Grand Rapids
- Coalition for Tobacco Free Parks
- Common Gentry
- Community Rebuilders
- Goodwill of Greater Grand Rapids
- Grand Rapids Children’s Museum
- Grand Rapids Food Truck Association
- Grand Rapids Public Museum
- Grand Valley State University
- Greater Grand Rapids Bicycle Coalition
- The High Five Program
- Urban Roots GR
- The Wonder Wagon
- WOOD TV 8