Movies in the Park is the premier outdoor film series in Grand Rapids. DGRI and partners present films - free of charge - on a giant screen in Ah-Nab-Awen Park on the banks of the Grand River every other Friday from June thru August. Guests are invited to treat the evening like a picnic and bring your own blanket, chairs, beer, wine and snacks for a special night under the stars. Pre-movie entertainment begins at 6PM. First film starts at 7PM followed by an additional feature at 9:30PM.
2017 Film Lineup
- Zootopia (G)
- Star Trek (PG-13)
- Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (G)
- Pan's Labyrinth (R)
- Mrs. Doubtfire (PG-13)
- Forrest Gump (PG-13)
- The Book of Life (PG)
- Jaws (PG)
- Selena (PG)
- The Bodyguard (R)
- Remember the Titans (PG)
- Pitch Perfect (PG-13)
Movie Night Tips
Fully enjoy your night out by remembering these quick tips:
- The park fills up fast, so get there early for the best spots.
- If you choose to drive, plan ahead for parking to avoid wasting time looking for a space.
- Free bike parking is available at the park.
- Costumes are encouraged.
- Nothing beats an ice cold one on a warm summer night. If you’d like to partake, be sure to bring your own drinks and picture ID.
- While packing up, you might as well make it a picnic in the park. If you forget food at home, vendors will have snacks for purchase.
- You’ll be outside for a few hours, so get comfy. We suggest bringing a blanket or chairs to sit on. Blankets up front. Chairs in the back.
- Those under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- You may love your ringtone, but that doesn’t mean everyone else does. Please silence your phones.
- If you need to talk during the movie, please keep your voices low.
- In the event of rain, we’ll have to cancel the show. Follow Downtown Grand Rapids Inc. on Facebook to stay up-to-date.