DGRI seeks a spirited project manager/organizer to join a team working to connect Grand Rapidians with the employment opportunities presented by the extensive work required to physically revitalize the Grand River corridor.
Click here to view the full job description and additional information.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their interest and resume package via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline to apply is June 25, 2021. We anticipate the successful candidate will start in July.
Here's who we're looking for:
The successful candidate will hold an Associate's and/or Bachelor's degree or equivalent real-world experience in social/human services, community organizing, recruitment or workforce development.
The Economic Opportunity Organizer will:
- Use their energetic and professional style to recruit and encourage employers to hire diverse candidates from the City of Grand Rapids and Kent County in support of the forthcoming construction work associated with Grand River revitalization .
- Demonstrate excellent communication and organizing skills to help raise awareness of training and job opportunities and strengthen the network of grassroots leaders, educational professionals, contractors and public works professionals in a way that helps connect local people to river revitalization-related employment opportunity.
- Bring a collaborative spirit and demonstrated track record of intentionally and effectively connecting with community and/or employers, preferably in the greater Grand Rapids area.
Here's what we offer the right candidate:
- An opportunity to positively influence and advance one of the most important community building projects happening in our city!
- A fun and flexible culture. Our diverse team works hard and has a good time doing it.
- Competitive compensation.
- Medical & dental insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Short & long term disability insurance.
- 401 (k) retirement plan with company match.
- Generous Paid Time Off plan.
- Opportunities to grow and develop your career.
If this sounds like an opportunity that's aligned with your passion and interests, please email email@example.com with an introductory note along with your resume for immediate consideration.