Downtown Grand Rapids Inc. is in search of a Grand River Greenway Program Manager to support organizing and managing efforts to establish the Grand River as one of the nation's most exceptional urban rivers. Reporting to the Chief Outcomes Officer, this individual will collaborate with a wide range of internal and external partners, stakeholders, and consultants to advance the movement of establishing and growing the Grand River Greenway in Grand Rapids/Kent County.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be committed to the mission and programs of DGRI with enthusiasm and passion around the community plans that underpin the vision for revitalizing the Grand River corridor and for city building activities and principles.
- Have a bachelor's degree or equivalent education in public administration, public policy, urban planning, organizational management or related field and three (3) or more years' of experience in project management, community organizing, urban planning, public administration and policy or related area.
- Function as a strong project manager with familiarity and experience planning and executing long-range strategic plans, and managing complex projects from conceptual plan to implementation.
- Support the process of developing a Grand River Greenway Priority Plan for Action that supports local collaboration around the implementation of the community's vision for a more beautiful, accessible and active Grand River corridor.
- Support the development, adoption, and implementation of an Equity Framework to guide the Grand River Corridor revitalization.
- Advise, consult and provide critical details such as project schedules, milestones, progression towards goals, budget and other unforeseen issues or opportunities to key stakeholders.
- Lead as an inclusive community collaborator and coordinator with excellent interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor with a demonstrated ability to work successfully with diverse groups such as volunteers, board members, and other public, private and non profit partners in the urban design and planning, public policy, and fundraising space.
- Managing and coordinating with consultants providing an array of key professional services, including but not limited to urban design and planning, facility operations and maintenance, public policy, fundraising and other related services.
- Manage advisory board(s) to support various aspects of project implementation.
- Represent the Grand River Greenway concept and partners at public events and meetings.
- Coordinate with the internal team producing written and digital external communications, including regular newsletters and other communications tools and prepare and disseminate meeting announcements, agendas, minutes and supplementary materials.
- Plan, organize and manage other DGRI projects intended to support the revitalization of the Grand River corridor.
Here's what we're offering the right candidate:
- Most importantly, an opportunity to affect things that matter in our city - from jobs to equity to economic and environmental improvements! You'll have exposure to exciting events, projects and developments and help to redefine our river edge and leave a lasting legacy long into the future.
- A fun and flexible culture. Our diverse team works hard and has a good time doing it.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical & dental Insurance
- Life insurance
- Short & long term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Gym membership discounts and other wellness initiatives
- Generous Paid Time Off program and paid holidays
- Opportunities to grow and develop your career
The mission of Downtown Grand Rapids, Inc. is to accelerate Downtown GR's transition to a best-in-class American city. While a small, yet mighty organization, our growing team works hard with a wide array of community partners to build an increasingly vibrant downtown with great recreational experiences, high quality of life for people from all walks of life and a strong, inclusive economy. You may be familiar with some of our work:
- GR Forward DGRI and partners led the development of this award-winning community plan and investment strategy to transform the Grand River into a distinct asset and guide the next generation of growth in Downtown Grand Rapids. Now we are busy making the vision a reality with the rehabilitation of Lyon Square and the new Switchback Park on the horizon.
- The Van Andel Arena, Downtown Market and DeVos Place Convention Center. We helped build the facilities and accelerate the revitalization of Downtown.
- World of Winter, Relax at Rosa, Re(turn) to the River. Yep. That's us. We strive to activate downtown year-round with events highlighting art, music, culture, and inclusivity. We've also expanded Downtown public amenities with a public restroom, dog parks, skate park, Las Canchas (public futsal courts) and established a Refreshment Area to complement and activate our Downtown public spaces.
To learn more about our work, read our GR Forward Master Plan.