The free Event Management Training course is designed by Downtown Grand Rapids Inc. (DGRI) and the City of Grand Rapids Office of Special Events (OSE) to provide event producers with the knowledge and tools necessary to organize successful events of any size in the City of Grand Rapids on public property.
There are two free opportunities to attend (follow the links to register):
Monday, May 8, 2023, from 4:30 - 8:00 PM (click here)
- The 3.5 hour course - Event Production on Public Property in the City of Grand Rapids - provides practical advice from seasoned professionals concerning:
- Goal setting
- Budget creation
- Venue selection
- Event insurance
- Permitting/production process specific to the Office of Special Events
- Community notification best practices
- Emergency management planning
The course also provides the opportunity to meet and speak with OSE and DGRI staff relevant to executing successful events.
Tuesday, May 9, 2023, from 6:00 - 9:00 PM (click here)
- The 3 hour course - Planning Your Vision - provides practical advice from seasoned professionals concerning:
- Valuing your event
- Creating pitch decks
- Finding funding for your event
- Promoting your event
- Volunteer recruitment/management
- Contingency planning
The course also provides the opportunity to meet and speak with City’s Special Events Supervisor and DGRI Event Manager.
- City of Grand Rapids Parks & Recreation, Second Floor Education Classroom, 201 Market Avenue SW Grand Rapids, MI 49503
This opportunity is free and open to the public, specifically event organizers, volunteers and staff.
Participants will receive a digital Certificate of Completion after the half day training along with a 25% site fee reduction on each participant's first permitted event in the remainder of 2023 calendar year scheduled through the City of Grand Rapids Office of Special Events.