The free Event Management Training course is designed by Downtown Grand Rapids Inc. (DGRI) and the City of Grand Rapids Office of Special Events (OSE) to provide event producers with the knowledge and tools necessary to organize successful events of any size in the City of Grand Rapids on public property.
There are two free opportunities to attend (follow the links to register):
- The 3.5 hour course - Event Production on Public Property in the City of Grand Rapids - provides practical advice from seasoned professionals concerning:
- Goal setting
- Budget creation
- Venue selection
- Event insurance
- Permitting/production process specific to the Office of Special Events
- Community notification best practices
- Emergency action plans
The course also provides the opportunity to meet and speak with OSE and DGRI staff relevant to executing successful events.
- The 3 hour course - Planning Your Vision - provides practical advice from seasoned professionals concerning:
- Valuing your event
- Creating pitch decks
- Finding funding for your event
- Promoting your event
- Volunteer recruitment/management
- Contingency planning
The course also provides the opportunity to meet and speak with the City’s Special Events Supervisor and DGRI Event Manager.
- Downtown Grand Rapids Inc., 29 Pearl Street NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
This opportunity is free and open to the public, specifically event organizers, volunteers and staff.
Participants who attend both the October 9 and 11 training sessions will receive a 25% site fee reduction on their first permitted event in the 2023 and 2024 calendar years scheduled through the City of Grand Rapids Office of Special Events, and a certificate of completion from DGRI.